Stunning self powered, sustainable new build in Whitchurch
Our team are starting the New Year by adding the final touches to this beautiful new build property in Whitchurch.
The customer contacted us asking for renewable energy options prior to the construction of their build. We recommended & have now installed an air source heat pump complete with unvented heat pump cylinder & a full underfloor heating system.
To complement the heating system & to make this stunning property a fully self-powered home we installed a solar PV roof integrated system, with inverter & a Tesla Powerwall to enable the client to store the energy from the panels & continuously power their home day & night. This home will be fully sustainable & capable of fuelling itself with clean energy 24/7 even in the event of a grid outage!
Our renewable technology & low carbon installation includes:
- Samsung air to water heating (EHS) air source heat pump installation comprising of 300ltr unvented heat pump cylinder
- Underfloor heating system zoned accordingly & consisting of staple type on ground floor & spreader plate on first floor complete with all pipework, manifolds, pumps, actuators & Neo smart control stats
- Roof integrated 6kW solar PV array with 10kW solar Edge inverter to harvest & convert the energy from the sun
- Tesla Powerwall battery system to enable the customer to store & consume their own clean, green energy
- Commissioning & handover pack with MCS documentation to support RHI application
We are particularly proud of this project because as well as providing the renewable energy systems we also completed all of the electrical & plumbing first & second fix work at this property. Our skilled team of plumbers & electricians made an amazing job of the full package which included:
- Exterior lighting & power to electric gates
- LED downlights throughout with dimmer switches
- Kitchen electrical installation with supply to AGA & power to kitchen island including decorative pendant lighting & USB sockets
- Data cabling & USB sockets throughout
- Dimmable suspended feature lighting in glazed gable apex above piano
- CCTV system
- Honeywell intruder alarm system with pet PIR detectors & panic button
- All plumbing & heating works to complement heat pump installation including fitting of hot & cold pipework from hot water cylinder to bathrooms, ensuites, kitchen & utility as well installation of all sanitary ware & towel rails.
We think this home looks absolutely stunning & we can’t wait to see it when the ground works are finished. It’s a real achievement by the whole team who were involved, from planning stages right through to handover.